This wrap of shows around Melbourne includes Zahra Newman’s five-star Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar & Grill, the Melbourne International Jazz Festival, and The Song Company at Trinity College Chapel.
- by Cameron Woodhead, Jessica Nicholas and Tony Way
At 81, the Beatle gives Melbourne a marathon three-hour set with more than a hint of the cheeky Liverpool schoolboy who started a musical revolution with a little help from his friends.
- by Giselle Au-Nhien Nguyen
Our critics take a look at some of the new shows around town.
- by Michael Bailey, Cassie Tongue, John Shand, Peter McCallum and Bernard Zuel
Melbourne Fringe theatre ranged from the ridiculous to the thought-provoking. Here’s a wrap of some of the shows you may have missed.
- by Cameron Woodhead, Lefa Singleton Norton and Cher Tan
This wrap of shows around Melbourne includes Chaka Khan, Nile Rodgers and Chic, Red Stitch’s Flake, Hour of the Wolf, The Visitors, The Chicks, Punjabi star Diljit Dosanjh, jazz saxophonist Troy Roberts, Elvis: A Musical Revolution, and Mamma Mia! The Musical.
- by Vyshnavee Wijekumar, Tony Way, Cameron Woodhead, Kate Herbert, Kate Lahey, Bridget Davies, Tyson Wray and Jessica Nicholas
This wrap of shows around Melbourne includes Dilijit Dosanjh, Elvis: A Musical Revolution, Mamma Mia! The Musical, Mozart and Beethoven concertos, a five-star performance by Weezer, Bell Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night, and more.
- by Kate Herbert, Kate Jones, Cameron Woodhead, Tony Way and Mahmood Fazal
This wrap of shows around Melbourne includes Delta Goodrem at Hamer Hall, My Sister Jill at Melbourne Theatre Company, Yuldea, Maho Magic bar and more.
- by Giselle Au-Nhien Nguyen, Cameron Woodhead, Andrew Fuhrmann, Elizabeth Flux, Billy Burgess, Julie Fenwick, Tony Way and Bridget Davies
This wrap of shows includes A Book of Hours, The Nervous Atmosphere, Turn, Turn, Turn, Culture Club at Rod Laver Arena and Maria Stuarda.
- by Andrew Fuhrmann, Giselle Au-Nhien Nguyen, Andrew McClelland and Bridget Davies